Night Blade - J.C. Daniels *Genre* Urban Fantasty set in the near future*Rating* 4.0*First Thoughts*I liked Night Blade even more than I did Blade Song. I liked that Kit is a strong lead character who is part Amazon. However, I hated Damon and his neanderthal ways. You can be a strong female lead character without a man around telling you what to do, when to do it, and then marking his "territory" like Kit was his love slave or something. I haven't really liked him since he was introduced in Blade Song, yet, I tolerated his presence because Kit became enamored with him.As such, it's not surprising that Kit takes a secret job at the behest of Jason and Banner in saving Damon's life from termination. Kit goes to great lengths in saving Damon from the gallows, and in turn, he's a total prick toward her which she pretty much takes like a good soldier. There's obviously more to this book than I'm saying since it would just spoil it for future readers. The last part of this book was absolutely stunning in the manner in which Daniels treats her character. She totally doesn't hold back and reader shouldn't expect her to. At times, it was hard to read about all the pain and suffering Kit suffers at the hands of vampire Jude Whittier. Thankfully, Kit has some awesome friends like Goliath, Doyle, TJ, Justin, and Colleen to help her out.Obviously, this book ties directly into "Broken Blade 2014" which should be self explanatory at what happens in this book. I really want to see an end all confrontation between Kit and her grandmother Fanis. I think it would be a fitting end to the series, or trilogy, or whatever this happens to be. Definitely recommended for those who enjoy UF novels. ARC provided by Netgalley for review 01/23/2013 - Expected publication: April 2nd 2013 (first published March 4th 2013)