Dare You To - Katie McGarry *Genre* Contemporary Romance*Rating* 4.0*First Thoughts* Once again Katie McGarry has brought together two troubled teenagers, Beth Risk and Ryan Stone, in such a way that not only breaks your heart, but also makes you cheer loudly for them to find a HEA. Like Pushing the Limits which featured Noah and Echo, Beth and Ryan have their own world of hurt, disappointments, and challenges they face on a daily basis. When they are brought together, it is Ryan who challenges and unlocks Beth's world to a whole new reality that yes, she can, in fact, find love if she opens her heart to it and allows others in instead of running away. For Beth, her main challenge(s) lie with her mother who is a drug addict and has a boyfriend that beats the living crap out of both her and Beth. Most of you will remember Beth from Pushing the Limits because she was one of Noah's friends along with Isiah who is basically Beth's best friend and will have his own story in Crash Into You. We are re-introduced to Beth in a major way when she is arrested after trying to protect her mother from her abusive boyfriend, an action that leads her to be sent away from the only home she's known to live with her uncle. Beth was a challenging read at times. She's emotionally on the edge of running away at the drop of a hat whenever things get hairy for her. She has severe trust issues which are explained over the course of this book. She curses like a truck driver. She's been a bit of a party girl and withdraws when anyone tries to get close. She's not had the best life since her father basically walked out on her and her Uncle Scott, who she looked up to, left Beth behind after finding an opportunity of a lifetime. “I like you. I. Like. You. I'll admit you're annoying. Sometimes you agitate me to the brink of insanity, but you can throw it back at me like no one else. When you laugh, I want to laugh. When you smile, I want to smile. Hell, I want to be the one to make you smile.” Ryan is the poster boy for what it means to be a High School jock. He's the best pitcher on his High School team, and scouts are drooling over the possibilities of what he can bring to their team. Ryan and his friends, Chris and Logan, are what you might call thrill seekers. They Dare each other to do the silliest things possible. One such Dare leads Ryan to meet "Skater Girl" Beth and is later surprised when she shows up along with Scott in his suburban small town. Ryan is hiding a few secrets of his own that he keeps from everyone, including her best friends. The biggest one is the fact that his brother Mark left him behind after being forced into making a hard choice by his father. Ryan has more opportunities to shine than Beth which makes them Water and Gasoline when it comes to their interaction. Ryan is the one that finally let's Beth in on the possibilities of putting her past behind and finding happiness. He makes her TRUST and LOVE someone for the first time in a very long time.Although this book focuses it's attention on Beth and Ryan, we can't forget the secondary characters like Lacy who knew Beth as a child and considered her a best friend and was one of the stronger secondary characters in this book. Then, of course, you have Isiah who really seems to care for Beth and in the end allows her to make her own choices regardless of how they may affect him. Dare You To walks in the footsteps of Pushing the Limits in that it has Dual POV's which, once again, actually works. It's actually nice getting into the heads of characters as things are happening so that we can see and feel each characters emotions as the story plays itself out. It's also nice, for once, seeing a male character straying off course of what in it means to be a High School jock and have a ton of girlfriends and sex with more than a few.Crash Into You will release November 2013 and hopefully it will be as good as Pushing the Limits and Dare You To.*Recvd from Netgalley 03/25/2013* Expected publication: June 7th 2013 by Harlequin Teen (first published May 28th 2013)