Devil Said Bang - Richard Kadrey *ARC recvd via Edelweiss on 05/31/2012*Expected publication: August 28th 2012 by Harper Voyager*Rating* 3.0*Genre* Urban fantasy*Thoughts*Devil Said Bang finds our anti-hero James "Sandman Slim' Stark trying hard not to get himself killed while attempting to make some no so subtle changes to hell as the new Lucifer in charge. Hell is a convergence of the city of Los Angeles which makes it easy for Stark to get around on his souped up Motorcycle.I was a wee bit disappointed in Devil Said Bang for the first part of Dead Said Bang. There wasn't enough action to keep my eyes opened and awake. I found myself drifting off at times and not as in tuned with the story. Yes, I still enjoyed the sarcasm of Stark who ended up as the Lucifer after the last story and now wants to return back to LA as fast as he can.I found his time in Hell to be too short while his return to LA was like old home days with nearly every single character that has ever appeared in this series showing up in one form or the other. Once again Aelita is a royal pain in Stark's side, while Candy, his on again, off again monster girlfriend, may have moved on to greener pastures but still has a soft spot for Stark.There are plenty of directions this series could go. It will be interesting to see where Kadrey takes Stark from here.